I began my career as auditor working for an accounting office for the period of 1982-83
I then moved to NCR Corporation on May 1st 1983 where I took the role of accountant. Since then I have held various positions within NCR Middle East/ Africa (MEA), as follows:
- MEA VICE PRESIDENT S.A World Trading Center LTD/Infotrend Innovations Co. Ltd Chief Operating Officer /Business Conultant (e-money services, other)
- MEA Chief Financial officer (Middle East Africa area). Ethics and Compliance representative for MEA Area, Chairman of the Provident Fund. Member of the Board in all Countries of NCR in MEA.
- MEA FSSC/FINANCE / BUSINESS OPERATIONS & HUMAN RESOURCE Director(Middle East Africa area)
- MEA FSSC/FINANCE Director
- MEA FSSC Acting Leader
- Facility Manager for MEA & Portfolio Manager for MEA Iberia and Italy
- Facility Manager for MEA
- Project Manager for the installation of the Oracle financial systems
- Program Manager for Reporting ,Revenue, Asset Management and Associate services
- Financial Controller for Middle East and Africa area
- Financial Controller for the PC business
- Assets & Administration Manager
- Accounting and Reporting Manager for Middle East and Africa
- Accounting Manager for Middle East and Africa
- Accounting supervisor
June 2014 – Current MEA VICE PRESIDENT S.A World Trading Center LTD
- Consultancy on Middle East Africa start ups , setting up new entities ,restructurings , structure new Companies and establish Internal policies and procedures . Also in Trading Business .
June 2000 – June 2014 Chief Financial officer /Ethics and Compliance Representative /Chairman of the Provident Fund , Member of the Boards
NCR Middle East and Africa (MEA), Nicosia, Cyprus
- Reporting directly to the NCR Corporate CFO in Atlanta . I am responsible for fully supporting and ensuring the effective management of the Middle East Africa Financial Shared Services , local Controllership field organization and Human resources whilst also ensuring effective and efficient financial and HR services are provided to the Business Units & Area Management. My role also requires I ensure the integrity and timeliness in reporting of the financial statements for the MEA area in addition to maintaining adequate internal controls & ensuring full compliance with Corporate policies. In addition I have the management responsibility of the entire MEA Controllership organization across 20 countries across the area. Including the Distributors I am looking after 56 Countries.
- Lead FSSC/Controllers/Operation Organizations in M/EA
- Providing effective support to my Customers (the Business Units & the Area VP).
- Handling the Distributors agreements throughout the MEA area
- Handling the implementation of Restructurings , Divestitures and acquisitions in MEA.
- The Selection, development and training of staff, build up the Team.
- Ensuring compliance with Global Controllership processes
- Maximizing the efficiencies resulting from the consolidation of financial reporting & accounting activities into the MEA FSSC/Controllers
- Ensuring the completeness and timeliness of Management & Corporate reporting, within the specified deadlines
- Managing the financial close cycle ensuring complete understanding and compliance on the part of operations, controllers and area organizations. Ensuring Corporate shortened close cycle objectives are achieved
- Ensuring an effective internal control environment is maintained at all times within the MEA area
- Facilitating, leading and participating in the implementation of global financial systems within the Area
- Ensuring compliance and adherence to all local statutory and Corporate policies, regulations and laws
- Supporting the external and internal audit groups during the audit of G/L activities
- Implementation and closure of related audit recommendations
- Operating within predetermined headcount and operational business plans
- Preparing, developing and ensuring execution of strategic plans for the Area
- Managing centralization activities into the MEA FSSC based in Cyprus
- Working proactively with the Corporate CFO and Regional Program Directors in driving programs and efficiencies through the MEA Area
- Ensuring the completion of required risk review and outlook reports
- Ensuring the periodic review of the Area financial statements
- Implement the NCR Global initiatives & programs (Benefits, Audits, etc).
- Support an effective employee relations environment in ME/A.
- Work with local managers to identify employee motivation/ satisfaction issues.
- Support the implementation of re-organization and restructuring projects.
- Support key strategic projects.
- Support NCR Global Vision / Strategies to achieve expected results
- People management
- Excellent knowledge and experience in computing packages, database and operating systems(i.e.
WINDOWS, EXCEL, WORD PROCESSING, SUPERCALC, POWERPOINT, UNIX., SQL) Excellent knowledge of the Accounting packages (VRM, ORACLE FINANCIALS) Excellent command of the Greek and English languages both written and oral.
- Very good knowledge in business related subjects such as Accounting, Economics, Quantitative Business Analysis, Finance, Management and Marketing.
- Good at initiating ideas, organizing and administering events, identifying problems and needs, managing time, energy and resources(human or other) effectively.
- Good at promoting high standards of integrity and interpersonal skills.
- Able to develop and control programs and processes and arrange matters in a systematic, efficient and effective way.
- Able to oversee, manage, motivate and give directives to the members of my team.
- Able to make judgments, solve complex problems, take decisions and accept the responsibility for any consequences.
- Manage people in an effective way.
- Lead a multicultural team across several countries in a fast paced complex area.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- 1979 – 1982 MIDDLESEX POLYTECHNIC (LONDON) BSC Accounting
- 1972 -1977 A’ Kykkos Gymnasium
- 1966- 1972 Ayios Dhometios Primary School
Cyprus National Guard 1977-1979.